The human body is one of the fascinating subjects in the world that never seizes to amaze people with its features. Even after centuries of intense research studies and practices people have just grasped the basic understanding of its basic operation, and the wide range of the infectious factors and their effective prevention methods. Such a level of knowledge has helped people to face various health defects and recovery more easily than ever. Though all the functions of the different human bodies are similar yet it differs greatly when it comes to dealing with different genders.  Women face the majority of such changes throughout their lifetime. Among which some might be more painful and yet beautiful that astonishes them to a greater level. One of the greatest of such changes would include the pregnancy and it is defined as the process of giving birth to a new child during which the body of women undergoes serious of changes that alter their complete biological functions.  So it is more important for anyone to get familiar with few basics that answer their questions like what is labor, am I leaking amniotic fluid and other such related topics etc.

Pregnancy and the amniotic fluid!

Pregnancy could be exciting and quite scary among people; even though it may not be their first time but the need for ensuring the healthy birth giving results in the need for the increased awareness of various signs and symptoms that indicate the health of the fetus prior to delivery. Speaking of such factors amniotic fluid is the first thing that comes into our minds. This is because they are the major protective layer for the fetus from all the microbial infections and it is the most important one that helps the fetus with the digestive process in the mother’s womb. It is generally defined as the nutritious fluid that contains the carbohydrates, lipids, electrolytes, proteins and is secreted at the 12th day of the pregnancy and its level increases with the fertilization process. It is mainly composed of water of about 98% and cells and salt particles constitute the remaining 2% of its constituent.  And after the 20 weeks of the pregnancy, this amniotic fluid is swallowed by the baby where it is digested and is excreted as urine.

In addition to this, the amniotic fluid also ensures tightness of mother’s womb and helps in the healthy development of muscles and bones of the child. And it maintains the temperature of the womb and keeps the baby warm and comfortable and plays a key role in ensuring the proper functioning of the lungs. And this fluid tends to leak during the final days of the pregnancy indicating the time of labor. And there are several situations that might arise during the pregnancy time which might result in similar circumstances but could be of other origins too which might raise the questions like am I leaking amniotic fluid which are more common among pregnant women. So it is always better to get the best consultation from the doctors for clarified results!