When it comes to the orthodontic treatment for any patient, it is nothing but getting the impressions for the braces and also the later retainers. If the patients are considering the orthodontic impressions, they are usually taken using the alginate which is a specific substance pressed into the mouth of the patient. This is why the orthodontists obtain the mold of the gums and teeth. Before getting this treatment option, everyone should have to know what are impressions for the braces and what will be the process followed to apply the braces which work well.
Molds for the braces:
An orthodontic impression for applying the brace on your teeth usually servers a main purpose of making the visible mold which the orthodontists and dentists can position easily. They are all using this specific position in order to examine the complex shape of the teeth and gum so that the braces will be perfectly fit your mouth. Without this mold, the brace might be improperly shaped or sized.
Each impression for your braces will take only less than a minute but the orthodontists may need to take the more numbers of impressions until they are getting the best one. While obtaining the upper one, it is better going with the outside of the impression which will take only one minute to do. After that, it can be suddenly removed from the patient’s mouth. With this option of treatment, everyone with the crooked or cracked tooth or missing tooth will get the impressive lines of tooth to get the stunning smile. Then, you can have a full confident to smile in front of others with your neat and clean line of teeth and healthy gum.
Steps for the dental impression procedure:
- Generally, a dental tray is in the type of the U shape in order to easily fit in your jaw. When it comes to the alginate impression material, it is generally made up of the power gathered from the kelp or sea weed. At the same time, it is most probably found in the cold waters.
- Once this specific powder is mixed with the particular amount of water, it will get the consistency of the cake batter. Then, this dental tray will be placed inside the mouth of the patients.
- The lower impression is usually done first and then the doctors will go for the upper impression.
- After a few seconds, it will have the imprint of your gums and teeth.
- Now, the tray will be removed to make the dimensional view of the inside portion of their mouth.
The dental professionals are generally using the new mold in order to examine the teeth and also to make the braces which fit.